Software Engineer | Phoenix, Arizona, United States
+1 (480) 239-6071 | me [at] bjyoungblood [dot] com
Six years of software development experience in agile, result-focused environments. Extensive experience with API design, network protocols, and application architecture. Notable strengths include project management experience, team development, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Colony American Homes
June 2014 - Present
- Designed and implemented custom applications to support business requirements.
January 2013 - June 2014
- Designed and developed web applications for clients, managing projects from planning through implementation and support.
- Mentored other developers, focusing on writing testable, maintainable code across all projects.
- Researched, tested, and implemented new tools and development workflows to increase efficiency.
MediaTech Designs, LLC
March 2008 - January 2013
- Designed and developed various websites and web-based applications as business ventures as well as for a wide variety of clients.
- Launched and operated a large-scale SMS gateway service, SMSCloud.com, which powers many of the large SMS service providers on the web.
- Designed and developed highly-scalable API services with multiple endpoints to meet customer needs.
University of Arizona
2008 - 2012
- B.S.B.A in Management Information Systems
- Minor in Computer Science
- Magna Cum Laude (GPA: 3.718)
Open Source Projects
Zend Framework 2
- Contributed features and bug fixes to Zend Framework 2 during development and post-release.
- Author and maintainer of several popular ZF2 modules, such as BjyAuthorize (an access control module) and BjyProfiler (a profiler for ZF2's database component).
Author and Maintainer
- Familiar with: C/C++, Perl, Python
- PHP: Zend Certified Engineer - PHP 5 and PHP 5.3
- NSA-CNSS Certificate No. 4016 - Entry Level (Risk Management)
- PHP Frameworks: Zend Framework, Symfony, Kohana, Smarty Template Engine, etc
- PHP Tools & QA: APC, PHPUnit, Xdebug, phpDocumentor, PEAR/PECL, PHPLint, phpcs, pdepend, phpmd, and phpcpd.
- Database: ANSI SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle, NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, etc).
- Mobile Platforms: Extensive knowledge and experience creating web-based solutions for mobile phones including mobile web sites, applications, content delivery, SMS Gateways (SMPP, etc).
Last updated 23 June 2014